Hospital invites you to Community Day
Sunday, August 24, 2014 3:07 PM
Franciscan St. Elizabeth Health - Crawfordville and Franciscan Physician Network invite community to celebrate Community Day 2014
The schedule of events is as follows:
* 7 to 7:45 a.m.: Registration for Community Day 5K - Proceeds will go towards purchasing equipment for the Marie Canine Cancer Center and to provide mammograms for women of Montgomery County who cannot afford one through a partnership with Faith Alliance.
* 8 a.m.: 5K starts (course will be out and back Concord Road)
* 7:30 to 10 a.m.: Free cholesterol and glucose screenings presented by The Journal Review (fasting is preferred) - in Bonzel Hall inside the hospital
* 7:30 to 10 a.m.: Free BMI and osteoporosis screenings presented by The Journal Review - in Bonzel Hall inside the hospital
* 9:30 a.m. to noon: Free presentations on healthcare topics presented by The Journal Review - in Hospital Classrooms inside the hospital, new ones start every 30 minutes
* 9 a.m. to noon: Tent with informational booths by area social service and non-profit agencies; Kids' Zone presented by The Paper of Montgomery County
* 10 a.m. to noon: Free food available
Registration forms for the Community Day 5K can be picked up at the main entrance of the hospital, or downloaded from the hospital's website at StE.org/CommunityDay. Registration is $10 for adults and $5 for children.
All other activities at this event are free and open to the public. Parking is available in lots around the hospital, the Marie Canine Cancer Center at 1706 Lafayette Road; Franciscan Physician Network Orthopedics and Sports Medicine at 1702 Lafayette Road; and in lots at the Franciscan St. Elizabeth Health Diagnostic and Surgical Center and physicians' offices at 1630 and 1660 Lafayette Road (follow the connecting trail from the center to the hospital.)
Franciscan St. Elizabeth Health - Crawfordsville and Franciscan Physician Network will celebrate Community Day 2014 on Sept. 13 at the hospital, 1710 Lafayette Road in Crawfordsville.
"Community Day came from an idea from a group of employees who wanted to reconnect the community to the hospital and celebrate our some of our new services," said Terry Klein, vice president and chief operating officer for Franciscan St. Elizabeth Health - Crawfordsville.
There will be several activities at the hospital for Community Day 2014. They include a 5K presented by Faith Alliance, games and a bounce house and more in the Kids' Zone presented by The Paper of Montgomery County, health screenings - including cholesterol, glucose, BMI and more - and health presentations by area healthcare providers presented by The Journal Review, as well as free food and information booths by several area social service and non-profit agencies.